Over the last year, we’ve all spent a lot more time at home than usual. Among all the challenges, it’s also been an opportunity to make the most of the sanctuaries that we call our homes. The Pinnacle Works carpentry teams have been hard at work creating bespoke timber creations for properties across West Sussex. Our number one requested design? Home bars!
Here we’ll run through some of our favourite ideas, and inspirations for unique home bars that bring a sense of fun and family to any property.
For help with bringing your imagination to life, or designing a bar that reflects the style and decor of your house or apartment, please don’t hesitate to get in touch!
A Social Summer Is Coming!
As the weather slowly warms, and the first green shoots of spring appear, the promise of a glorious summer is on the horizon.
Nobody yet knows quite what that will look like this year; but with hopes of pandemic restrictions lifting, we’re all anticipating social occasions, warm hugs and laid back BBQ days enjoying the sunshine, friends and family. Garden projects have increased by almost 50% during the pandemic!
Now is a great time to think about new planting, and restoring joy to your outdoor spaces after a long, cold winter. Along with cleaning off the grill, dusting off the paddling pool and getting the lawn back into great shape, installing a high quality, timber bar will transform your home into an entertainment venue like no other.
- Outdoor home bars can be as large or small as you like, with tailored designs to fit neatly into any unused corners of your outdoor space and give it fresh purpose.
- Customised finishes mean that, if you can visualise it, we can create it!
- High-quality carpentry creates home bars to withstand the elements.
- Bring an injection of colour, style and energy to empty patios – think twinkling lights, Hawaiian leis, or slick, pared-back contemporary city styling.
Staying in is the new going out; and whether you’re thinking of colour blocks and martini glasses or an all-out summertime fiesta, the skilled Pinnacle Works carpentry team can build it.
Lighting Solutions for Outdoor Home Bars
When you’ve got an idea about your bar’s theme and position, the next consideration is lighting. We have a range of suggestions from previous designs!
There are limitless options, and it’s well worth looking at other home bars since well-placed lighting can add ambience, fun, mood and atmosphere – and mean you’ll be out enjoying the fresh air long after the sun has set.
- Fairy lights are a traditional outdoor bar lighting option, with a calming effect and multiple battery-operated options.
- Wired light bulbs bring a sense of cool loft lighting, and can be bright and welcoming or dimmed and relaxing depending on your event.
- Outdoor LED lights are an excellent solution for eco-friendliness and require very little installation time or running costs.
- Hardwired lighting is available through the Pinnacle team, creating a long-term outdoor lighting solution suitable for year-round use.
Indoor Home Bar Designs
Of course, your entertaining doesn’t have to be reserved for the garden; and we’re all well aware that the British summer doesn’t make a lot of guarantees regarding the weather…
Through our established team of joiners and carpenters, Pinnacle can design home bars for kitchen and living areas as well as the outdoors. There are lots of great benefits to opting for a home bar design:
- Space-saving entertainment area, which can slot into even tiny places.
- Make the most of the footprint of your home by utilising every corner.
- A cost-effective option, and suitable for kitchens, living rooms, conservatories and outdoor spaces.
- Bespoke designs create a bar that aligns with the decor and theme of your home.
Our recommendations for the highest quality materials, finishes and construction methods are always adapted to the type of bar you would like, and where in your home this is to be fitted.
Bringing the Outside In
When you think of a home bar, it’s essential to understand that this doesn’t have to be a typical open top, rectangular construction.
Timber is a versatile, natural material with few limitations!
- Covered bars can be used year-round as a dynamic outdoor space.
- Weatherproof roofing protects your bar area whatever the weather.
- Adding fire pits, seating areas, grills or an outdoor kitchen makes an outdoor bar so much more than an occasional entertaining space!
- You can use trellises to encourage climbers to grow, blending your outdoor bar in with your landscaping.
We have created timber outdoor home bars with multiple functionalities; from outdoor games spaces for kids to relaxing lounge areas to sit down with a good book and enjoy the fresh air.
Canopies and roofs are an excellent idea if you’re looking for a cost-effective home bar that will add value to your quality of living, and allow you to spend time outside, even in the rain. Adding quality lighting, soft furnishings and perhaps even an outdoor music system truly creates a new living space – that can increase your garden’s usability and improve the saleable value of your property.
Outdoor Home Bar Design
There are all sorts of ways to adapt your outdoor home bar to your home:
- Bars on wheels are a convenient storage option and can be easily packed away in the shed or garage when not in use.
- Plant stands on bars add shelving for all of your barware and provide plenty of room to decorate your bar with some greenery to tie in with your garden.
- Buffet stands or tiled bars are long-wearing and perfect for entertaining.
- Using blackboards or blackboard paint is an excellent way of creating a unique bar menu for special occasions or themed family evenings.
- Building a bar into a deck area can transform its uses, and be a fantastic spot for summer evening dinners.
If you’re considering an outdoor home bar, aren’t sure of the design options to fit into your space, or need some style inspiration to capture the right mood, get in touch with the Pinnacle Works team for everything from design tips to construction solutions.
Let’s make it a summer to remember!